Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A New Challenge

Alrighty folks!!! I am about to have all kinds of time on my hands because in just 2 days and roughly 4 hours I will start my sabbatical from work. And let me tell you, I could not be more excited.

I work for an amazing company that offers it's employees one of the long lost benefits of our time; the elusive sabbatical. Every seven years we get two months (yes TWO MONTHS, sixty days!) paid off, in addition to our normal vacation time. I have deferred my sabbatical for one year already and decided to take it before the baby comes. Now, this leaves me with all kinds of time on my hands. Since my husband doesn't get the kind of time off that I do, I had to figure out something to occupy my time. I know I will be working on the nursery (I will be sure to post before and after photo's of that) but I needed something else. I promised myself I would go to the gym 5 days a week. Since I am not working, I can get my butt to the gym for one hour a day and at least walk or bike! We shall see how that goes...

In addition, I have decided I am going to do a daily Pin challenge. I have over 2,800 pins on my Pinterest account and I want to start trying out some of those recipes, craft ideas, and DIY funzies I've been pinning over the past two years. I will document my success (or fails) here for shits and giggles. I will be sure to share the original pin and let you know my opinion on how it turned out. Good thing my husband is not a picky eater. I have a feeling I will be cooking a lot of things I don't normally cook. I hope we don't go hungry...

I do have some travel planned in May where I won't be able to do it daily but I plan to do the best I can to keep up my challenge on a mostly daily ritual and post the results.

I think my first one will be Eggplant Pizzas. I love eggplant and pizza and I am trying to eat better since I am preggo. This one might be a good one to start out with.

Julia Child's Eggplant Pizzas

Wish me luck! I shall be back Tuesday when the journey begins.

Lindsay



No comments:

Post a Comment