Sunday, July 21, 2013

Cucumber Mini's


I don't post a lot of recipes on here because I am really not that great of a cook! However, as of late, I have been trying hard to eat clean and part of that is making a lot more things myself. I had a little pool party yesterday and I was trying to stick on my healthy path so I made little cucumber sandwiches.

These are super easy, really tasty, and only 35 calories per mini.

What you will need:

- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 container low fat whipped cream cheese
- Garlic Salt
- Ham (or turkey)
- Cherry Tomatoes


Start by mixing the cream cheese with some garlic salt to taste. I added about 1.5 tsp to a half container of the whipped cream cheese. I like the whipped cream cheese because it's easier to mix than the blocks.


Next, cut your cucumbers. You don't want really thick pieces but you don't want really thin slices. They should be thick enough to hold the mini together. Then cut your lunch meat in half. I used the deli shaved slices so 1/2 of a slice was perfect. Then, cut your cherry tomatoes in half. If they are really big cut them into thirds.


Spread the cream cheese garlic mixture onto each side of the cucumber slices. Then layer the ham and tomatoes. I used about 1tsp of cream cheese on each slice.


Put on a platter and serve! I added toothpicks so they were easier to pick up. Each mini is only 35 calories. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment