Sunday, July 14, 2013

4th of July Nails on July 14th



I'm a slacker! I know it. I did this manicure a few days before the 4th in hopes to post this on the 4th. I failed miserably on that goal BUT I did manage to post it on the four...teenth. Works sorta.

Anyway here's the manicure. I also slaked in the fact that I forgot to take pictures during some of the steps. I know, I suck. I will do my best to explain what I did. Use your imagination. :)

What you will need:
- Top and base coats
- Red, white, and blue nail polish
- Thin nail brush
- Dotting tool
- Glitter (optional)


Step 1: Start by prepping your nails as you normally would (file, clip etc.) Then paint your base coat and let dry. (cure the base coat if you are doing a gel manicure) 

Step 2: Paint ring finger from the cuticle halfway up the nail with red paint in a line. It is sometimes easier to use your thin nail brush and paint a divider line, and use that to help guide you.


Step 3: Paint the remainder of the nail with blue polish.


Step 4: Paint your thumb and pinky fingers with red polish. Paint your middle and index fingers with blue polish. Let dry completely. (If using gel cure hand in the UV light)


Step 5: On the middle finger in the blue part, dot white dots like starts in a even way across the nail.

Step 6: On the middle finger in the red part, carefully paint thing white stripes with your nail brush. Let dry completely (or if using the gel polish cure in UV light)

Step 7: **Optional** if you want to add some more bling, add red glitter over the red nails and blue glitter over the blue nails. I used lose glitter and added it using a dry brush.

Step 8: Top coat and let dry.

Now enjoy your patriotic nails! I got so many compliments on this manicure even though the lines were not that straight. People loved it and so did I. Try mixing it up or adding more flags.




No comments:

Post a Comment