Thursday, January 10, 2013

DIY Birthday Tree

I got this idea because my niece was having a Pooh Bear themed birthday party. I was looking for decorations etc., and decided that I wanted to do a tree.

This was really easy and cost me nothing because I had all the supplies but would cost less than $10 to make.

Find a large piece of cardboard. I got lucky and was able to find one large enough to do the whole tree. If you cannot find one that big, make the tree in pieces.

Cut out the tree after you have traced it with a pencil

Paint the top part of the tree green

Add any little details  I added a bird and a birthday sign. I cut out cardboard and painted the sign white. Using a hot glue gun, I glued some string to the sign and used a push pin to attach to the tree.

The tree was a little "floppy" so I took a broomstick and taped it to the back to give it some support.

Place against a wall and have the guests put gifts under the tree.


Add a little something special to
a child's' birthday party

No comments:

Post a Comment