Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wrapping paper funzies - DIY Magazine Wrap

I am sure we have all been in that situation where we need to wrap something but you have nothing to wrap it with. I have had this happen many times.

I used to wrap things in tissue paper. This is a great solution and super cute way to add your own personality on gifts. You can add stamps and stickers etc. This only works if you have tissue paper on hand :-/

I went to wrap a gift for my sister for her birthday and checked for wrapping paper. Of coarse I didn't have any, then I went for my secondary choice; tissue paper. I had run out of that too. With only 10 minutes until I had leave the house and not enough time to hit a store for a gift bag, I improvised.

Take a magazine and start by ripping a few pages out.

Next tape the pages together, but hide the ripped edge.

Wrap the gift and add a ribbon and wa-la!



This is a fun way to wrap without having to spend a bunch of money on paper. You can customize the pictures you rip out to the person you are giving the gift to. This adds a personal touch to your wrapping and my sister loved it!

Finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment